YES arranges educational and cultural exchange programs for people aged 15 45 from around the world and offers host families and host schools in Thailand. YES has promoted global learning and exchange by offering opportunities for international high school students to experience life in the Thailand. The goal of cultural exchange program is to provide students, host families, schools, and communities with a quality experience that will not only enhance personal growth, but also will establish lasting friendships.
YES network in Thailand
YES operates through a network of area coordinators throughout Thailand who provide support on a local level. Most of our coordinators are English teachers at local high schools. Coordinators interview and screen host families and supervise the program during the students stay for the whole period of time. Thus, your participants can be placed anywhere in Thailand. In fact, YES owns the two private schools in Thailand (Kindergarten Grade 12), one in Bangkok www.yes.ac.th and another in Ubonratchathani province www.yes2.ac.th.
Outbound program (Thai participants to foreign countries):
1. Academic year high school program (AYP) - YES provides three full scholarships including airfare ticket every year to students to three countries; Germany, the U.S. and South Africa and other thirty partial scholarships to the other fourteen countries. There are usually 150 students every year joining this program to all 17 countries; the majority goes to the U.S.
2. Study Tour Program At the present, YES arranges programs usually 2 -3 weeks, for secondary students or university students during October or April every year to countries such as Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, the U.S. and etc.
3. Educator Program It is a program in which YES arranges especially for Thai teachers in Thailand to experience a short period of time about lifestyle, culture and educational system in other countries such as New Zealand, Australia and etc.
4. Aupair Program to the US YES works closely with the foundation and thus provides full and partial scholarships every year.
5. Work & Travel program, internship program to the US country - (future programs)
YES always welcomes new partner organizations to join our network. Oversea partners are responsible for the recruiting, screening, selection and preparation of qualified participants. Since YES is a medium-sized, we offer personalized support for all partners regardless of size. You can be confident that YES not only adheres but exceeds the expectations of our partner organizations around the world.
For all of our inbound programs, we must go through the following procedures;
YES offers the participant application to the potential host families.
The host family submits the profile to YES.
YES check the host family qualifications and makes a home visit. (Usually done by local coordinator)
YES accepts participant and informs local coordinator to get ready to welcome partcipant into the community.
YES staff from headquarter sends the host family handbook to the host family and also conducts an orientation via phone. (The local coordinator will follow up with the host family again).
The participant arrives to the international airport and the host family (or the coordinator) does the airport pick up.
The participant joins the program until the program conclusion and returns home with a memorable experience.
Application Process - the process typically takes six to twelve weeks depending on the programs. The participant must complete the full application form. After receiving this, YES will assess participants suitability and place each participant individually on one of YES programs. YES will then email the placement information together with an invoice to the local agency (if any).